Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's Back!!! The Infamous McRib Sandwich



I haven't had McDonald's in a very long time, so I decided to grab some for lunch with my buddy Pete last week. I went in with the intentions of ordering a Big Mac, as I have not had one in quite some time. As we neared the registers, however, the ads heralding the return of the McRib sandwich caught my attention.

Warm fuzzy memories of the McRib's awesomeness came to mind. I decided to get the combo, which included fries and a fountain drink. We sat down at one of the booths and my mouth began to water. I opened the McRib box slowly and found the great treasure contained within.

For those of you who have never sampled the McRib, its basically a boneless pork rib sandwich on a warm roll which has BBQ sauce, onions, and pickles on it. I'd have to say that even though its McDonald's (which isn't really known for its "fine" cuisine), the McRib BBQ sauce is out of this world. It's very sweet and tangy and has just the right amount of kick to it. The sandwich was very warm and comforting, like morning wood. The only downside was the poor construction of this particular McRib. It definitely did not look like the pictures on the signs.  Then again, does it ever look like the pictures? 


THE LOVERDICT:

The McRib is a must try for any BBQ fans out there. Next time your at McDonald's, try one of these instead of a burger. You'll be in for a real treat. I believe its only here for a limited time only, so act fast!  You don't want to miss this tangy, comforting, and overall awesome McDonald's treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment