Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hale and Hearty: A Crock of Shit

Another day, another lunch adventure. My buddy and I decided to drive around my new neighborhood to find someplace new to try out for lunch. He had heard of a soup and sandwich place called Hale and Hearty, and his sources said that it was pretty good. So, the decision was made and off we went.

Upon entering Hale and Hearty I was struck by how hectic the place was. I was not familiar with how their menu/ordering system worked, and it was honestly a bit overwhelming. There are three different stations where one can order a type of salad, soup, or sandwich. I opted to try the bowl of soup and half a sandwich combo.

I felt very pressured to make a quick decision because of the stressful atmosphere. I opted for the bowl of Southwest Chicken Soup and a Half of a Turkey and Melted Brie sandwich.

The total came to about $10 which didn't seem so bad. With all the food and a heavy bottle of Snapple on a lunch tray, I felt like I was going to drop everything and be THAT asshole who everybody stares at. We sat down at a small table for two, and I felt very compacted in their dining area. I guess we arrived during lunch rush, so the place was filled with businessmen and women on their lunch breaks.

I started off with my soup, which wasn't all that terrible. However, there was some sort of spice in there that I couldn't place which I didn't enjoy. The sandwich was a friggin' joke. I knew it was a half a sandwich... but it wasn't much larger than a goddamn English Muffin. The turkey and brie were both flavorless and there was no topping besides lettuce and tomato on it. It could have definitely used mayo or honey mustard or SOMETHING for Christ's sake!  Although I felt decently full afterwards, I was nowhere near satisfied.

THE LOVERDICT:

FUCK HALE AND HEARTY'S. Flavorless, overpriced, and downright upsetting. I will not be going back to this establishment.

1 comment: